Reuters – Big Retailer is watching you: stores seek to match online savvy
* Face scans, heat sensors, phone signals used to track shopper
* Smart data allows stores to copy e-commerce personalisation
* Store wi-fi can track shopper within three metres
* U.S. data firms agree privacy code of conduct
* Mobile ad spending seen tripling to $39 bln in 2018
You may not be using your phone, but it is giving out a unique signal that the retailer may be monitoring. A face scanner may check your age and gender while sensors pick up your body heat to help locate popular parts of the store.
Click here to read full article.